CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 31, 2008

HAPPY 18th BIRTHDAY AND GRADUATION

WOW I can't believe my baby girls is 18, and graduated on the same day. May 29th. It was a really great day. Karissa had alot of people there to support her. Aunts, Uncles, Grandparents, Cousins,friends and family. I was able to get lots of pictures of her. Karissa got the opportunity to sing the National Anthem with about 9 other girls. That was pretty cool. If you notice in some of the pictures she has on a mask, it was a tribute to one of Karissa's girlfriends who last year was diagnosed with Anaplastic Large Cell (ALC) Lymphoma, cancer. McKenzie a few weeks back had a Bone Marrow Transplant and was not expected to make it to her graduation. She was bound a determained to make it and she did and also walked. After the graduation we went to Carrabbas for dinner, that was alot of fun we had about 25 people there and the food was yummy. Karissa we are so proud of you and all that you have accomplished. You are an amazing and beautiful girl and we love you very much. Have an wonderful time at Snow you deserve it!!!!!

3 comments:

Tara said...

Oh my goodness, where do i start? So, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Karissa!! New York is SO MUCH FUN! I'm jealous that she got to see the Empire State Building during the DAY! And all of those SHOWS, what a lucky girl! I didn't see anything like that when I was there? Wasn't she on the TODAY show, as well?

Baseball IN Idaho.... how fun was that? I went to Idaho last year for the 1st time and tried to see as mush as I could (BYU-I and the Rexburg temple). I hung out with some people at BYU-I and it was pretty fun!

Karissa's PROM dress is GORGEOUS! I especially like the pink converse! Way to ROCK IT Karissa! I hope she had fun! How could she NOT with her friend MIKE, right?

David and I are so excited that she will be attending SNOW COLLEGE! David REALLY wants to go to SCHOOL there this semester, a big partof which is owed to Karissa! He's really looking forward to hanging out with her! They should try and get a class together!

Tell her to keep him in check with finding out about classes, registration, Pell Grants, etc. If she needs a job, he could probably hook her up with something part time, making $10 bucks an hour, I think. Hopefully, she won't have to work but, just in case, she should check it out early beofre everyone returns!

Well, I've said WAY TOO MUCH on here but, I'm just trying to get caught up on what's new in everyones life! Tell everyone hi for me and i LOVE and MISS them! I'm sorry I couldn't be there to support her, I missed out friends wedding, too but, it was $800 dollars roundtrip!!! (ouch!)

How is Bonjour Belle doing? I hope it's going really well! Tell Aunt Dawn hi for me! Love to you all !

Tammy said...

Congrats to Karissa on graduation, it's crazy to think she may never live at home again (sorry Kari) Karissa you are going to have lots of fun adventures ahead. And lots of challenges that will force you to figure out who you are and what you believe in. Enjoy being away from home and having some independence and enjoy being an adult! It only gets better from here. Love you,

Emily said...

Congratulations Karissa! I can't believe she is 18! Wow.... sounds like a fun and busy time for everyone! Have fun at Snow.... "Remember who you are!" hee-hee